Patient Complaints Procedures
If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer him/her to Jane Cartner immediately. If Jane Cartner is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when they will be able to talk to the dentist and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
- If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to Jane Cartner.
- Complaints about clinical care or associated charges will be referred to the clinician concerned, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- A written response to a complaint with accompanying copy of our code of practice will be sent as soon as possible, normally within three working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be made to:
- The Dental Complaints Service for complaints about private treatment Stephenson House, 2 Cherry orchard, Croydon, CR0 6BA Phone 08456 120 540 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ (the dentists’ registration body) Phone: 0845 222 4141 (UK local rate) Email: email@example.com
- Primary Care Organisations for complaints about NHS treatment.PCT address: North of Tyne PCO, c/o NHS North of Tyne, Centre for Advanced Industry, Coble Dean, Royal Quays, North Shields, NE29 6DE Telephone: 0191 202 2017 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Care Quality Commission at Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle upon Tyne NE14PA Phone Email 03000 616161 email@example.com